ASSISTANT PROGRAMS MANAGER- COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
KAKAMEGA BUILD CENTER- MATSAKHA
POSITION DESCRIPTION- The Assistant Programs Manager- Communications Specialist will be a member of the Friendly Water for the World (FWFW) Programs Staff focused on the management of the Matsakha Build Site, a program of the Kakamega Build Centre and the Matsakha Youth Development Group (MYDG), a local Welfare Organization.
This position will also be responsible for the effective management, production and transfer of all marketing, advertising and fund development communications for all Build Sites (currently: Matsakha, Kambiri and, Kerongo).
SCHEDULE- Full-time, Monday-thru-Friday, forty hour per week position.
Assistant Programs Manager Responsibilities
- Support and advise the MYDG in all their endeavors
- Have superior knowledge of all FWFW programming
- Working with the Programs Manager/ Director and MYDG leadership plan and design all local programming, including goal setting, the identification of Key Performance Indicators and regular reviews
- Monitor and document program production, material purchases, inspections, completion reports and (with the assistance of the FWFW Financial Manager) ensure the Build Site’s financial integrity.
- Ensure the timeliness of program delivery and be personally responsible for all timeline modifications
- Maintain open lines of communication between FWFW staff and MYDG leadership
- Produce accurate and timely monthly reports of all activities performed by FWFW in Matsakha and MYDG
- Work closely with MYDG to ensure the use of best practices
- Maintain inventory and protect the assets of FWFW
- Promote the creation of new partnerships for MYDG within the Matsakha environs
- Foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst community members and affiliate organizations
Communication Specialist Responsibilities
- Develop, cultivate and manage effective communication strategies
- Supervise data management and storage for all (digital) media and communications reporting
- Event management
- Ensure the documentation of all notable events
- Create and distribute talking points
- Provide the marketing and leadership teams with the timely transfer of all requested marketing materials (including, but not limited to- photos, video, narrative testimonial, monthly reporting from all Build Sites)
- Supervise data management and storage for all digital media and communication reporting
- Create multi-subject “talking points” for staff use
- Reside in Matsakha or be willing to relocate to Matsakha
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English required. Proficiency in local language preferred
- Be available for travel
- Worktime flexibility to attend off-hour meetings (we work in four time zones)
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Clear understanding of Program Management procedures and principles
- Proficiency with computers and basic applications
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Knowledge, training or experience in Social, Environmental or Community Development is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of effective communication processes and strategies
- Exhibit the tenets of basic leadership practices
- Outstanding organizational skills with demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects involving multiple participants and groups
- Adaptive problem solving, mediation and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to maintain a schedule and meet hard deadlines
- Willingness to engage in, company paid, continuing learning programs as relevant to the position
- Provide appropriate vaccination records and receive vaccinations as required by FWFW
- The position includes ten days of annual paid vacation, ten paid recognized holidays (will vary by country) and ten days of paid sick leave. Paid vacation increases with tenure
- A 75% Health Insurance Co-pay is provided
TERMS OF SERVICE
- He/ She shall be paid a salary and such allowances as the FWFW management shall determine in line with the existing guidelines for salaries and remuneration. The first six months will be a probationary period followed by a review.
HOW TO APPLY-
- Detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents should accompany applications. Scanned copies of these documents must accompany an online application.
- A copy of the National Identity Card or Passport should be appended to the application.
- All applications should be clearly marked “Application for the position of Assistant Programs Manager –Communication Specialist and submitted in the following way: Online applications should be emailed to email@example.com
NOTE: All applications should be received on or before 13th October 2022. Only successful shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.